Hard Water in the Holy Land

It's difficult to wash your hair with hard water, especially when it's as long as mine. Herein lie my reflections on exiting my comfortable stateside life for a year in the City of David.

Wednesday, September 20, 2006

A sort-of placeholder

20 September 2006

Just a quick note to say Shanah Tovah to all of you. I have been busily studying Talmud, learning about early Zionism, and planning Rosh Hashanah meals here, as well as managing my spotty internet connection. In any case, I am excited for this year of more frequent blogging and good lines of communication with both my stateside and Israel readers.

A first New Year's Resolution: a good update before Yom Kippur. In the meantime, I'd planned to post a picture of camels from my recent early-morning hike in Arad, but I've been unsuccessful (see spotty internet connection, as referenced above). Pics to come soon, I promise.



Update: one more try on the camels...